Our Director of Lifestyle knowns something about shopping. As a former fashion editor and fashion show host and stylist for a department store chain, Jordan Dechambre has indulged her love of fashion all over the world. But she never forgets to show her love for Milwaukee boutiques — something not lost on guests of The Iron Horse Hotel.
Our Lobby display case boasts chic and eclectic jewelry by twin fashionistas Canela-Canela, and our retail space is an homage to the best of local designers. You’ll find hand-made jewelry with an edge thanks to the artisans at Cival Collective, intoxicating scents from Milwaukee Candle Co., locally made beer grain dog treats from Leashless Lab, “hound around town”-worthy scarves from Lost & Hound (with a giveback to local animal charities), and even a custom The Iron Horse Hotel bandana created buy local artist Whitney Anderson.
Looking to venture outside the hotel to find the perfect gift? Here are Jordan’s picks for the best places to shop during your time in the 414:
1. Lela (321 N. Broadway, Third Ward): At Milwaukee’s original fashion destination, national brands mix with funky local designers like Shanel Regier. The store is eclectic, colorful and always a party. Plus, don’t miss the carefully curated selection of consignment items for women and men.
2. Milworks (143 N. Broadway, Third Ward): This one’s for you, gents. A men’s lifestyle concept boutique, Milworks is a one-stop shop for men’s clothing, footwear, apothecary, home goods, books and more. A must-visit for dapper dudes and their ladies alike.
3. Milwaukee Public Market (400 N. Water St., Third Ward): Take a few minutes to explore the local foods and products at the market, where you’ll find more than 20 vendors selling artisan foods, chocolates, florals, seafood and so much more. Plus, don’t miss MKE’s best tongue-in-cheek apparel at Brew City Brand. Old Fashioned socks, anyone?
4. Ursa (2534 S Kinnickinnic Ave, Bay View): It’s light, airy and above all — green! A gorgeous spot filled with plants, home goods, apothecary, jewelry, vintage clothing and more, Ursa is a feast for the eyes and a top-notch gift spot.
5. Milwaukee Boot Co. (234 W. Florida St., Walker’s Point): A throwback to the days when Milwaukee was a top leather manufacturer, Milwaukee Boot Co. is bringing a time-honored tradition back to Milwaukee with hand-made leatherworks. A focus on boots and accessories make this shop the perfect place to find a one-of-a-kind gift.