The Library is one of our favorite spaces in the hotel. And for good reason: The Library is a place to chill, listen to music, host a meeting or even say “I do.” The versatile space is also chock-a-block with history, from its furniture to its stunning fireplace. Read on to learn five fun facts, then visit this unique room during your next stay!
- The Library is The Iron Horse Hotel’s cozy work space designed so guests have a place to work, enjoy a cup of coffee and read a newspaper — or one of our many library books. It is also used for business meetings and social events.
- We added an exclusive partnership with Milwaukee’s own Koss Stereophones to the space in 2019. The installation includes a renovated vintage phonebooth dubbed the ‘Stereophone Booth, which features a variety of different Koss Headphones for listeners to try. Just plug in your phone and you’ve got the beat. Guests can also enjoy their favorite vinyl on a custom record player created by Koss, outfitted with dual Koss Pro/4AA over-ear headphones. With an ever-evolving vinyl selection available for guests to check out and listen, music lovers are flocking to this one-of-a-kind installation.
- The vintage chairs are called Bank of London chairs and were gathered from dealers, antique shops and individuals from throughout the United States. The large, communal tables are made from reclaimed factory parts — and the lamps are inspired by antique book binder lamps.
- The huge brick fireplace is located in the original factory’s vault. And we keep the flame roaring all winter long!
- The large leather sofas painted with American flags were purchased on auction in New Jersey. They are the perfect accompaniment to the large, hand-painted denim jean American flag by local artist Charles Dwyer in the Lobby.