TikTok phenom Curtis Roach gets it: We are all “Bored in the House.” Luckily, an update to our Safer At Home order this week means there are a few more things we can enjoy this sunny, nearly 60-degree weekend. Who’s ready to welcome May with a little more time in the great outdoors? (With appropriate social distancing, of course!)
1. Rise & Glide: If the temps allow, why not rent a kayak or boat for a tranquil morning? Rentals are abundant — and we’re all ready for a gorgeous change of scenery.
2. Fore! You’ll notice a lot more polo shirts this weekend, as a handful of Milwaukee area public and private golf courses prepare to re-open. Call ahead as tee times must be made in advance — and need to be spread out to adhere to social distancing requirements.
3. Find your favorite new read, curbside: Several Milwaukee County libraries are re-opening this week for curbside service. Pick-up service is by appointment only and will vary by library. Check your library’s web site for the most current details.
4. Get creative and give back: In an effort to help with the dire need for face masks, Fiserv Forum will now serve as a distribution site for over 2.5 million non-surgical masks. Over the next few weeks, thousands of face masks kits will be picked up from the arena by volunteers and brought back for distribution to those who need it most. In each kit, there are instructions with four rolls of 175 count non-surgical mask material and one pound of rubber bands. It’s enough to make 700 masks per box. Each mask will take about 1-2 minutes to put together. So, let’s get sewing!
5. Freshen up Fido: Dog groomers are once again back in biz. Call ahead to schedule a shampoo, blow dry, de-shed, brush and nail trim for your fur baby, then head out for a relaxing walk in the spring sunshine.