Title: Smyth Restaurant Manager
As an Aparium Hotel Group associate your job is to remember. Remember all the small things at all times for each guest. Think creatively and instinctively responding in real time to requests and dealing with challenges inherent to your position with modesty and humility. Generate amazing ideas to improve and enhance hotel operations and the guest experience and implement those ideas because you are an empowered team member.
• Develop and maintain an inviting environment, with superior associates, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for breakfast, lunch or dinner, bar, amenities, etc.
• Hire, train, supervise, discipline, and motivate associates
• Consistently train associates on product and service knowledge
• Identify service issues and take action to correct them
• Consistently come up with product and service improvements as well as ways to generate new business
• Keep records of regular customers, their eating habits and special requests
• Control/maximize seating of the restaurant/bar while maintaining high quality service
• Plan and execute functions or special receptions in rooms, suites and boardrooms
• Ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various meal periods will be demonstrated by all associates members
• Anticipate all materials and supplies and assure their availability
• Control usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment
• Observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant; make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed
• Prepare associates schedules which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and overtime
• Constantly recommend service and product improvement to better the operation
• Forecast covers and revenues and then schedules associates accordingly
• Prepare daily and weekly payroll as required by the Director of Finance
• Thorough understanding of all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service. Expert knowledge of wines and spirits.
• Complete and conduct performance evaluations for all associates
• Maintain a daily log for communication between restaurant associates and with upper management
• Promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working climate
• Promote good public relations and handle complaints or concerns of guests
• Handle all inventories directly involved with the operation of the restaurant
• Thorough understanding of the computer system in ringing, printing and closing checks as well as shift reports
• Recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests
• Empowered and empowers associates to intuitively serve each guest, associate, visitor or client
• Detail orientated
• Demonstrates high degree of drive and determination
• Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Ensure food and beverage quality standards are complied with and that all health and quality procedures are consistently applied.
• Maintain profitability of outlet by controlling payroll and equipment costs and evaluating cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation by developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
• Use cash handling procedures to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports
• Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
• All other responsibilities assigned by management
• Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency of the English language
• College degree, preferable in hotel and restaurant management
• 2 years of food and beverage management experience
• Thorough understanding of excellent service, labor control, maintenance, merchandising and accounting
• Computer literate
• Outstanding verbal and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent knowledge of food, wine and cocktails
• Ability to obtain and/or maintain Alcohol Awareness certification, Food Handlers Certification
• Standard restaurant setting
• Standard kitchen setting
• Standard Event setting
• Standard Room Service setting
• Professional, passionate and positive work environment
• Continuous standing and walking
• Negotiating wet tile floor and steps
• Fine motor coordination is needed to pour beverages, decorate cocktails and folding napkins
• Trays weigh 25lb.
• Carts: 250 lbs. (12-20 lbs. of push/pull force required)
• Hot box: 20 lbs.
• Banquet Tables:
• Banquet Chairs
• Standing and walking is continuous for 4-5 hours at a time
• Lifting and carrying 25 lb. tray, crate or box is occasional
• Negotiating varied floor surfaces is continuous
• Carrying over shoulder is occasional
• Hand and elbow movements for polishing glassware, silver, setting up tables, shacking, pouring and mixing drinks.
• Pushing Room Service cart continuous
• Lifting and carry hot boxes continuous
• Rolling and/or carry Banquet tables continuous.
• Carrying stackable banquet chairs by loading the cart continuous.
• Excellent sight and balance needed for negotiating varied floor surfaces, handling lighted candles,
and handling hot fluids (coffee and tea)
• Excellent speech and hearing to interact with guests
• Excellent sight for completion of paperwork
The Iron Horse Hotel is privately owned and managed by the Aparium Hotel Group. Aparium Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. The Iron Horse Hotel is a smoke-free, drug-free facility, and equal opportunity employer.